WELCOME TO UCLA!
UCLA’s New Student & Transition Programs is here to ensure that all New Bruins and their families begin their journeys at UCLA with a comprehensive introduction to Bruin life.
The first step for newly admitted students and their families begins at Orientation, where New Student Advisors provide an introduction to UCLA and its world-renowned academic programs, extensive services, and rich traditions.
New Student & Transition Programs offers several programs throughout the summer and academic year to support new students as they enter and transition into UCLA:
- New Student Orientation – for all incoming first year and transfer students
- New Parent & Family Orientation – for the parents and family members of new students
- Young Bruins Orientation – for siblings of new students attending Family Orientation
- Bruin to Bruin – a phone calling program to newly admitted students
- College Summer Institute (CSI) – a six-week summer bridge program
- Orientation Part 2 – a Fall Quarter program for advising and enrollment support
- Bruin Next Steps – a Winter Quarter program for advising and transitioning into the second year at UCLA
- Bruin Day – our staff participates in this university-wide admit day event in Spring
This website provides you with information about our programs as well as resources to assist you in navigating UCLA.
If you have any other questions about UCLA, including the wide range of academic programs and services here at UCLA, our advisors can assist you in getting the information you need and direct you on the next steps to take. Call us at (310) 206-6685 or email us through the MyUCLA Message Center (with UCLA login or without UCLA login).
Roxanne G. Neal, Director
UCLA New Student & Transition Programs