Beginning in Spring Quarter, New Student Advisors call all newly-admitted students to welcome them to UCLA, prepare them for upcoming deadlines and answer any questions they may have. If you see an incoming call from (310) 825-4321 that’s us so be sure to answer it. Some topics that will be covered include:
- New Student Orientation
- Placement Exams
- College Summer Institute (CSI)
- Various dates and deadlines
If you happen to miss our call, don’t worry. We will make every attempt to reach you at a later date. We look forward to speaking with you!
The New Student Mentoring Network is designed to pair incoming first-year and transfer students with a mentor for their first quarter at UCLA. Students sign up for a New Student Mentor at New Student Orientation and will be matched with their mentor during True Bruin Welcome Week, right before Fall Quarter begins. The goals of the mentoring network are to help:
- Provide students with a personal contact to help them navigate the quarter and prepare for their first year at UCLA
- Provide academic counseling relative to majors, minors, studying abroad and course planning
- Explore co-curricular programs and involvement to personalize the UCLA experience
- Allow students to meet each other and develop new relationships
- Provide peer counselors who can share their own experiences as a source of support and information
If you would like to participate in the New Student Mentoring Network for Fall Quarter, please fill out the New Student Mentoring Network Request Form. In September we will send out a confirmation email and ask for a little more information so we can match you with your mentor.
Orientation Part 2is a Fall Quarter evening event where New Student Advisors will be available for drop-in counseling and program planning in preparation for Winter Quarter course enrollment.
New Student Advisors will be able to:
- Plan your courses for Winter Quarter
- Provide a refresher on how to enroll into your classes
- Answer questions about majors, minors and other co-curricular programs
- Provide information about preparing for graduate and professional school programs (e.g., medical, law).
From your first moment at New Student Orientation, you are a Bruin for Life. The True Bruin Traditions Keeper program is for students who want to explore all the traditions and experiences that UCLA has to offer. Using the True Bruins Tradition Keeper app (which is free), students can learn about UCLA and earn points that can culminate in a True Bruin Traditions Keeper medal worn at graduation. Explore UCLA and get the most out of it while you are here!