Bruin to Bruin sessions are your first opportunity to meet with UCLA students. Each session is designed to provide you with lots of information including New Student Orientation, upcoming dates and deadlines, placement exams, academic requirements, choosing classes, and much more. Your Bruin to Bruin session will be hosted by a New Student Advisor (NSA) who will go over important information you need prior to orientation, as well as answer your questions.
Your Bruin to Bruin session will be scheduled for 45 minutes. The first 15 minutes will be introductions and getting everyone situated. Once that is completed, you will be placed in a small group of 2-4 students and have a discussion that will last no more than 30 minutes.
The day before your Bruin to Bruin session date, you will be emailed a Zoom link and password; please check your email for this information in order to enter your session.
You can sign up for a Bruin to Bruin session through MyUCLA. We look forward to speaking with you and welcoming you to UCLA!
The New Student Mentoring Network is designed to pair incoming first-year and transfer students with a mentor for their first quarter at UCLA. Students sign up for a New Student Mentor at New Student Orientation and will be matched with their mentor during True Bruin Welcome Week, right before Fall Quarter begins. The goals of the mentoring network are to help:
- Provide students with a personal contact to help them navigate the quarter and prepare for their first year at UCLA
- Provide academic counseling relative to majors, minors, studying abroad and course planning
- Explore co-curricular programs and involvement to personalize the UCLA experience
- Allow students to meet each other and develop new relationships
- Provide peer counselors who can share their own experiences as a source of support and information
If you would like to participate in the New Student Mentoring Network for Fall Quarter, please fill out the New Student Mentoring Network Request Form. In September we will send out a confirmation email and ask for a little more information so we can match you with your mentor.
Orientation Part 2is a Fall Quarter evening event where New Student Advisors will be available for drop-in counseling and program planning in preparation for Winter Quarter course enrollment.
New Student Advisors will be able to:
- Plan your courses for Winter Quarter
- Provide a refresher on how to enroll into your classes
- Answer questions about majors, minors and other co-curricular programs
- Provide information about preparing for graduate and professional school programs (e.g., medical, law).
From your first moment at New Student Orientation, you are a Bruin for Life. The True Bruin Traditions Keeper program is for students who want to explore all the traditions and experiences that UCLA has to offer. Using the True Bruins Tradition Keeper app (which is free), students can learn about UCLA and earn points that can culminate in a True Bruin Traditions Keeper medal worn at graduation. Explore UCLA and get the most out of it while you are here!
As part of the New Student Mentoring Network, we are offering a Speaker Series , weekly webinars to provide you with tips, resources, and access to various UCLA departments, offices, and services. The webinars are held every Friday from 1:00 – 2:00pm PDT.
If you are not able to attend the live presentations, don’t worry. We are also recording each webinar. The webinar will be posted online the following Tuesday at 12:00 noon PDT.
You will be able to VIEW THE RECORDED WEBINARS by following this link.